Meet Dr. Sana Yousaf
Dr. Sana Yousaf grew up in Kansas City, Missouri and completed her undergraduate degree in chemistry and her Doctorate of Dental Surgery at University of Missouri-Kansas City. Dr. Yousaf completed her general practice dental residency at NewYork- Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital and her pediatric dental residency at Staten Island University Hospital where she served as the Chief Resident. Dr. Yousaf spent two years in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, in between her residency programs and was excited to move back to the Bay Area to join Kids Care.
- Hometown: Kansas City, MO
- Dental School: University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Dentistry
- Organizations I belong to: AAPD, ADA, CDA, CSPD
- I became a dentist because: I loved the idea of combining science with creativity
- I love my community because of the diversity and sense of collaboration
- I chose to work with children because it is an opportunity to educate the youth, parents and encourage preventative dental care. I also feel like I’m a big kid myself!
- My hobbies include being outdoors, going on walks and hikes, and trying new adventures. My husband and I enjoy traveling to new locations where we can experience new cultures and cuisines
- I’m really good at convincing my husband that we need a vacation
- My favorite food is a South Asian snack called “papri chaat”
- My favorite movie is anything that’s on the Disney channel
- My favorite kind of music is the type of music played at high school dances
- For fun, I like to explore the city I live in and spend time with family and friends
- If I wasn’t a dentist, I’d probably be an artist
- Favorite sports teams are any of the Kansas City professional sports teams (Go Chiefs!)